Pages

May 24, 2013

Weddings & Cakes

Mothers watch destiny unfolding 
Mothers watch 
Destiny unfold
As their children find their perfect match.
Robyn

Stars and lovers' hearts
Ask the stars why they twinkle,
Ask lovers why their hearts beat so,
And you'll probably find them so lost in their miracle
That the answer to the question 
They really won't know.  Robyn
Memoirs from my mother  Brenda talks about her children's weddings
I was there with "dad" for the first four weddings, but he was gone before the last wedding. I flew all the way to California for that last wedding and had a wonderful time, just as I had done at each of the other weddings. I feel very proud of my children, each one of them happily celebrating and walking into their future. 
Brenda's Scrap Book
My mum would at all times have some delicious treat in a cake tin or biscuit tin, so that when we brought our friends home, they always felt welcome! No wonder all of her 5 kids married happily. That "welcome" - associated with some goodies to eat -which still exists today is an absolute treasure. 


I hope that I make my growing family welcome, 
just as my mum has done for many years.   

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda