Pages

May 30, 2013

Chocolate Cake and Great Grandchildren

Mothers give to their children
How a mother gives
rather than how a mother takes
is what helps her to relate
to her children. Robyn

Memoirs from my mother  Brenda talks about her great-grandchildren 
I feel very grateful to have 24 great-grandchildren, with two more on the way this year! I manage to send them each a birthday card and pocket money each year, and I love to do that. Now that my grand-children have children of their own, they still want to come and visit and bring their little children. I have very special times with them when they visit.
Brenda's Scrap Book
Chocolate cakes were my mum's specialty, and her kids loved them! Especially when two cakes were sandwiched together with mock cream. 


I hope that there are some things that I do or make that give my children the same pleasure as my mum's cooking gave to me.  

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda