Pages

May 10, 2013

Home Knitted Woolies & Old Fashioned Soap

Mothers make children aware
Mothers
make their children
aware 
that they belongRobyn
Mothers give moral education

MOTHERS DIRECT THE MORAL EDUCATION OF THEIR CHILDREN
WITH VALUES INSTILLED QUIETLY AND CONSTANTLY
AS THEY DEMONSTRATE WHOLESOME PERSUITS AND ATTITUDES.
Robyn


Memoirs from my mother  Brenda knits for her children 
I knitted cardigans and jumpers, especially for my first children. However, the lovely fluffy short sleeved boleros I knitted were not appreciated by dad (Reg). Sandra had a blue angora cardigan and Denise's was pink. Denise related that when in Sunday School, she used to pull off tufts of fluffy threads, and blow them up in the air! The girls weren't allowed to wear them when they went out with their dad - he seemed to think that the long, soft threads got up his nostrils! 
Us kids just loved our home knitted jumpers. Thanks Mum!

Brenda's Scrap Book
Today's extract from Brenda's 1960s scrap book gives us some good tips for removing stains! Thanks Brenda. 

I wish I had the talent to knit for my children and grand-children.  

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda