Pages

May 13, 2013

The Bee Hive & Batters

Mothers know where to find a bandaid
Most mothers know
where to find
a bandaid.
Our mothers do many things

OUR MOTHERS DO SO MANY A THING;
INTO KIDS’ LIVES LOVE AND LAUGHTER THEY BRING.
MOTHERS GIVE TO OTHERS IN SO MANY WAYS!
WE HOPE THEY’LL BE HAPPY ALL OF THEIR DAYS.

                                                                                                       Robyn                       



Memoirs from my mother  Brenda talks about the bee-hive
Holidaying in the Ford Mainline with the three children 
One year we were on holiday, travelling the the Ford Mainline, with Sandra, Geoff and Denise in tow. We called in at Mafra to see Reg's sister. The three children were quite young. Sandra and Denise played in the back garden running across some old planks, unaware of the bee-hive in the back garden. The bees swarmed, and the girls came screaming towards the house! Sandra had many bee-stings, with Denise not getting stung quite so many times. 


Brenda's Scrap Book
My mum had a trusty Sunbeam mixmaster. She gave it to me some years after I married, when she bought a new mixmaster. But sadly, one day as I was mixing a birthday cake, it "walked" across the kitchen bench, fell on the floor, and was-no-more! Here are some batter mixes that her Sunbeam mixmaster would have been quite familiar with. 


I don't think I have yet learned to always 'look' before I explore. 
 I should remember! 

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda