Pages

May 27, 2013

Coconut Slice & Hobbies

Mothers keep out bad weather
Mothers try to keep the bad weather
Out of their home
While welcoming what is good. Robyn


Diligent mothers 
work at keeping all kinds of "bad" things 
out of their home.

Diligent mothers
also work hard at bringing wholesome things
into their home -
whether it be comforting love, sound education, 
cleanliness and orderliness, provision of food, protection and shelter. 

But even without some of those wholesome things,
if a mother gives love, 
then she has achieved 
the ultimate aim of motherhood.
Robyn


Memoirs from my mother  Brenda talks about her hobbies
Brenda bowling - 2nd from right 

After my five children were married, I was free to be involved in new activities. 

Lawn Bowling kept Dad and I occupied together for some years, and there was Mahjong, Knitting with the sheep wool which I had spent many hours spinning on my wheel, China Paintings which went into the electric kiln I had bought, Paintings on canvas and paper, using water colours and acrylics, Making Greeting Cards with either pressed flowers or paintings to decorate them - these were sold for charities - plus I have been kept busy learning how to use a Computer and more recently an Ipad. 
My hobbies have kept me busy for many years,  and now, even while in a nursing home, they continue to give my days both challenge and variety.   




Brenda's Scrap Book
Brenda's 1960s scrapbook features Coconut Slice - a favourite slice often baked for her family. 


Recently two of my grown daughters visited and stayed for an evening meal before returning to their homes. It was sufficient blessing to see each of them with a baby on their knee, but then they told me how much they enjoy my home cooking!  
My heart was warmed! 

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda