Pages

June 18, 2013

Recap of conversing skills


That's not my home!



  No, that's not my home! 
This worker's cottage with its sheltered front porch is near Beechworth, Victoria 

Conversing Conversing - recap of the past two weeks.  
This month, I hope that I am on the road to more meaningful communication. 
Aspects of communication that I have considered so far in this month’s blog include:

*Communication with appreciation of both small and big talk;
*Communication with an attitude able to “give” before needing to “receive”;
*Communication with an awareness of the other person and their significance;
*Communication with a listening ear;
*Communication with kindness, compassion and confidence;
*Communication with response to others rather than reaction to them;
*Communication with care for others’ emotions;
*Communication with an awareness of how I present myself;
*Communication with acknowledgement of  my own inner convictions; and
*Communication with accurate recall of both people and situations.

And so, today, I won’t think of concentrating on any new aspect – I already have plenty to consider as I communicate with those in my world.  
It is good to consider and to recap on what one is learning in life


May we take the time to pause and consider

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda