Pages

June 27, 2013

Conversing without speaking

That's not my home!

                             No, that's not my home! 

This Australian farmhouse is near Woodford in Queensland 

ConversingConversing without speaking  

Years ago, when I was a young adult, if there was a “lull” in a conversation, 
I would fill the silent space with chatter. 
No more! I have learned to appreciate a silent space like an empty space in a painting – 
that beautiful space which enhances the whole picture.  
It’s quite amazing what can actually be said with no words! 


Without speech, a kangaroo wishes to converse with my friend. 


My friend, Paul, is not deterred by either of his handicaps. Paul is both blind and deaf. 
















May we not underestimate the power of silence

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda