Pages

June 17, 2013

Recalling information

That's not my home!


No, that's not my home! 
This grand stone homestead near Angaston, South Australia,
was once owned by a wealthy landowner. 

Conversing  Conversing- with recall
I met a professional gentleman some years ago who told me that he carries a notebook with him to write people’s names in so that he can recall them and learn them when he goes home. He also writes a few details about the person’s life, and where he met them, in his notebook.  Then when he meets that particular person on another occasion, he would know them by name and would also know how to ask them some leading questions with some knowledge of who they are.   

I was impressed with this gentleman’s desire to communicate meaningfully with others, and I took “a leaf out of his book”. I now have my own little notebook that I often write in. It has helped me communicate on many an occasion.
It is important to take an interest in others


May we not be lazy or reticent to remember

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda