Pages

January 23, 2013

LEBANESE CRESS

Word for the Day Attitude


Home January’s Challenge: BE TIDY
Putting things away! On any occasion in my home, I think it would be easy to find at least 30 items that have been "left out"! At least I am better trained than a few years previously, when on entering my home, I could leave a trail of untidy items where only moments before, there had been an aura of tidyness.  This month, with my January Challenge of Being Tidy, I have taken more care in relation to being aware of allocated places for certain items, and actually using these allocated places!  I am trying to be more diligent in putting my mobile phone, my purse, the keys, my watch, bills and other mail, shoes, the book I am reading, glasses .... and so the list goes on!....  all in their allocated places.  But only because I was creating much frustration and waste of good time looking for things misplaced.  

Garden  LEBANESE CRESS Fool’s Cress Apium nodiflorum 

I bought my Lebanese Cress, a delightful salad herb with the taste of cucumber or carrot,  at Isabell Shipard's Herb Farm. This cress, with its soft, fernlike, bright green leaves has been such an easy plant to grow, sprawling contentedly along the ground. When my cress was sprawling too rapidly, I found it very easy to pull up with all of the root system - I actually culled it too harshly as now that summer is in full swing, I am wanting to eat more cress from the garden. We often enjoy a mixed salad with fish or meat, and Lebanese Cress adds its individual texture and flavour to our bowl of mixed greens. 

When my Lebanese Cress starts to grow in full swing again, I will start to use it in stir-fries (adding at the last minute), in smoothies, in omelets and soups as well as adding it to our summer salad bowl. 




May your garden bring warmth to your heart
from Robyn                                                                                            


 Robin in a flowering gum
Painted by Brenda, Robyn’s mum