Pages

August 19, 2013

TEDDIES, Portraits & Wattle

In the Home
I have a growing collection of teddies of all sizes, most of them from a second hand shop. Probably the teddies have each been loved at one time, but not loved enough to be kept by their previous owners! I decided to name them one by one after our grand-children - and  make name & birth date labels to tie around the teddies' necks with ribbon.  


In the Garden

It was "portrait time" in the garden!
Here I am about to start a new part-time job as a teacher-aide helping some young migrant children to learn English. Thanks to my older sister, I had just the right handbag for the job. Some years ago, my sister gave me this special bag with a cat on it to remind me of my much treasured kindergarten cloth bag which my mother had embroidered a cat on. So, it is off to Grade 1 for me, for a fun day at school with my treasured bag!


It wasn't long before a young kookaburra visited the garden, 
also wanting his portrait taken. 

You will probably agree with me that for the kookaburra it most definitely was a "bad hair day"!


In the Bushland

The flowering wattle trees are adding their golden glory to our bushland. Australia has nearly 1000 species of acacia, and this beautiful flower has become our Australian national flower.




May our lives be blessed with sunshine.  
from Robyn








painting of robin by Brenda, Robyn's mum