Pages

August 7, 2013

Flowers, Insects and Nodding Top

In the Home
What a blessing it is to be able to go into one's garden and pick a bunch of fresh flowers. These flowers are on their way to one of my lovely daughters who is now holding her new-born in her arms.


In the Garden
Today it has been fun photographing some small creatures who, like me, enjoy the garden!







In the Bushland

Imagine my delight at seeing a healthy Nodding Top growing at my feet in the bush today as I went for a stroll. 
I thought of the Aboriginal people eating the leaves of this plant, either cooked or raw, so I picked a few leaves to take home, wash,  and pop in our evening soup. 
A few months ago, I wrote a blog on Nodding Top. 
(click on  http://houseandgardenplus.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/nodding-top-survival-clothes.html
to see the entry!)

May our world fill us with wonder! 

from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda, Robyn's mum