Pages

July 31, 2013

THE SEVENTH MONTH COMES TO A CLOSE Remembering who I am

Lord, help me this day to be aware of my person and remember who I truly am;

and also Lord,
as my body clock ticks away this day,
may it keep time with a wisdom that is older than the calendar.


Guest of the Month - my friend, Stephanie
The hot African sun was setting. The soil was bone dry and little loose pebbles covered the dusty earth that stretched for miles.  But there it stood. It was a loner, easy to spot in a barren land. It poked its head out defiantly from the dry earth - perfectly white, soft and puffy. I couldn't believe my eyes. A dandelion! How could such  beauty thrive in this  dry barren soil? 

Admist my life journey of pain, loss, sufferings, trials and setback, I often remember my encounter with this beautiful dandelion. A humble dandelion has much beauty in itself amidst such ugly surroundings. Broken promises, loss of a spouse, hurt, rejection, abandonment (the list goes on and on). All ugly but there is beauty around you if you look.  A kind act, a true friend, words of wisdom are some of the beauty around us when we are going through our bleak dark circumstance. You just have to look, not far off, but around you. There is beauty still.

Thank you Stephanie, for being an encouragement to all of us! 

The seventh month of my one year challenge to blog comes to a close, and I still love blogging for my readers! 

In the coming month, I look forward to sharing with you some snapshots of our garden, our home and our local bushland.



blessings from Robyn

painting of robin by Brenda, my mum